Jones-ing for Coffee



Last year I served as first vice president of our nursery school. The position encompasses the smaller fundraisers during the school year versus the larger ones like the auction or carnival.  The difference is titrating your dose of insanity instead of getting an entire shot of crazy all at once.  Theoretically! It didn’t work out that way for me, I got an extra large dose of crazy every other week.

Our director and board gave me license to pursue fundraisers that reflect my interests.  Since we can’t sell cocktails as a fundraiser, a missed opportunity I say.  I fell back on my other obsession, COFFEE! I love coffee!  I think my stunted growth has nothing to do with my genetic inheritance and more to do with my rabid consumption of coffee in my late teens. Isn’t that when your huge growth spurt starts??  Certainly I can thank coffee for my Biology degree, my successful corporate career, and now my entire existence; since I can’t function much without it.  It’s not so much an addiction as a mutually satisfying marriage.



Enter Jones Coffee Roasters in Pasadena, a roasting house with their own family farm in Guatemala.  The first time I had Jones Coffee was the morning after a charity event.  My husband was brewing a sample pack that came with our gift bag.  I walked into the kitchen smelling sherry brewing with my coffee, sherry?  That got my interest!  It had a really heady, intense aroma that literally had me swooning.  Jones is located in a large warehouse where the roasting occurs. You can smell the coffee beans sending their aroma out to seduce and entice the entire population of Pasadena. Order a latte and  you get a rich and intensely smooth drink topped with a lovely heart image on top. The pastries are from Europane and on Fridays, handmade tamales that I would wrestle my blind, crippled grandmother for. But the coffee is why people come here, it’s just sublime. So when a friend told me that Jones sells coffee for fundraisers, I jumped at the chance. It was a tremendous success at our little nursery school. This year I am bringing the fundraiser to the elementary school. Oh, didn’t I tell you?????? I signed up for crazy again, yep! PTA, vice president, fundraising.

Let the crazy begin



Jones Coffee Roasters

0 comments:

Post a Comment