Baker Creek Seed Company



I am in love with this seed company.  The catalog is a luscious compilation  of  rare, heirloom varieties in full descriptive splendor.  The images of the fruits and vegetables will send you into a state of bliss.  Instead of reading the latest New Yorker issue, I have been reading through this well-thumbed catalog every night before falling asleep.  I carry it around in my bag and leaf through it in a spare moment.  It's simply fabulous.  I can't wait for my seeds to come.  Visions of summer's harvest dance in my head.



Can you imagine the caprese salads this summer?  Or gazpacho?



Golden bright lemon-yellow sweet snow peas on 6' vines with purple fllowers


Jing Orange
Red Okra! 
A relative of the hibiscus, can you tell?
Imgagine this edible beauty in your flower bed.  
My Holly loves her okra.


Dragon Tongue Bush Bean
Dragon Tongue bush beans



Purple Podded Pole beans, discovered in the Ozark mountains in the 30's



Five Color Silver Beet
Five Color Silver Beet Chard
 It'll take your breath away when the sun shines through the stalks


Sensation Candy Stripe
And finally some cosmos, dancing among your edibles.


Are you ready for spring plantings???  Are you ready for an edible garden filled with breathtaking colors and dancing flowers?  This is a great time to plan your spring and summer harvest.  Contact me if you want help planning your field of dreams.



Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds

0 comments:

Post a Comment