Craft Fair


Every spring and fall our little nursery school has a craft fair. Last spring I made some clothes from my stash of silks and designer fabric that was threatening to take over my "studio". The fabrics were collected through the course of 5-6 years since I found out my first born was going to be a GIRL! I was going to dress her like a princess, wearing silks and gorgeous flouncy skirts that any girl would love. It turns out she preferred wearing knight's armour and Spider Man costumes. Such is life. So I threw my creative energy into dressing up an imaginary princess. The clothes were very well received at the craft fair and I started pondering the notion of a small children's line.

The nursery school had another craft fair yesterday. I sold my upcycled sweater and silk skirt to this gorgeous couple. It was a lovely way to validate my efforts. Thanks Vanessa & Cameron!

P.S. He plays Ryan Lavery on the ABC soap opera "All my Children"





0 comments:

Post a Comment