Fabulous in South Pas


A date to go walking with a good friend turned into a fabulous outing filled with delicious food, great shopping and inspirational art ideas….all in three small city blocks.  My friend Sheila was not happy when I showed up at her house to go walking in my new Michael Kors boots and black BCBG skirt. Looking back I can see that her exasperation was justified, but I really could walk all day in those fantastic boots. Since her plans for a real workout was foiled, we decided to walk around her house in South Pasadena. She lives a few blocks from the library and Mission Street where all the sweetest boutiques in town co-exist with delicious restaurants and gourmet food stores. I found a perfect shrug to wear to a Mad Men party at Jane & Joe. Jasleen's down the street netted a Trinity sweater at half the price of Anthropologie. Things only got even better at Zinnia, an inspiring artist’s store filled with wonderful and unique crafting supplies. It’s as if Frida Kahlo, Pablo Picasso and Martha Stewart collaborated on an art co-operative. They also offer classes on an array of projects from tin can houses to three dimensional arts from found objects. I loved their rag tied chandelier and Christmas tree displays.


After such a rigorous workout we needed something to fill up our belly. Nothing fits the bill better than Nicole’s Gourmet Foods. Delicious French food and pastries in an informal cafĂ© and store front with a cozy sidewalk patio. I ate what I always eat at Nicole’s, a pate mousse sandwich with split pea soup and a slice of almond butter cream torte. Everything was delicious and fabulous, just like South Pasadena.

0 comments:

Post a Comment