Happy Lunar New Year


Today marks the start of the new year in many eastern cultures observing the lunar calendar.

The peach blossom symbolizes fecundity and prosperity. Many Asian cultures display cut branches of blossoming flowers in their home during the New Year celebration to bring in good luck. These blossoms came from a tree that my father grafted himself from two different peach varietals.  He gave me this tree as a gift last year.   It was lovingly planted by my husband in our front yard.  Now we can see it from our large picture window and Paul can see it when he sits down to play his piano.  This picture was from last March.  I love the contrast between the soft, delicate pink and the shocking fuchsia.   I am looking forward to spring and seeing the delicate blossoms again.

May you have a prosperous, healthy, and happy new year.


1 comments:

meemsnyc said...

Happy New Year!

Post a Comment